So I will try to proofread my blogs before I post them from now on! Sorry for all the typos! Whoopsie!
Okay so tommorrow I start school back from fall break and am starting two more 8 week classes at the ft campbell ap, so it may be a while before I post anything new! HA
This was defintely one of my most proud project so far, probably because the whole room was redone. No working around anything old! Before this was a master bathroom, that was not so master, an old vanity rinky dink vanity with a broken faucet, linoleum flooring, and dark. Not only was it small but it was ugly! We started this project in January and probably took about 2 to 3 months. I wanted something that tyed in with my bedroom and was trendy but not too trendy to go out of style in a few years. We started by removing everything in the bathroom, vanity, toilet, flooring, lighting and shower. Charlie then added a window, at first I was against this because I was scared something was going to go wrong,and I would end up with a hole in the wall with no window! But suprisingly it worked out well!
Tile Pattern for around the shower
When I was picking out the tile for the shower, I chose a 6x6 neutral colored tile, we also needed the bullnose pieces as well as the stairnose and beck pieces for the design I was wanting to do. Florum Tile Outlet is where I got the tile except the brown mosaic glass tile. I had to special order it and it was hard to look at a picture of the tile and tell if I liked it. I purchased the glass tile at Lowes. We ended up needing 5 12x12 sheets of the glass tile. The tub is a Kohler whirlpool from Lowe's as well and I <3 it!!!
I wanted to switch it up so we (charlie) did a diamond pattern on the bottom and a different one above the mosaic tile. We also added an inset shelve in the tile for shampoo.As well as adding two can lights above the shower. Charlie had done tile in a shower once before so he had a little practice. :)
Next the floor tile was done. We had wanted to add some of the mosaic glass in the floor and this was the pattern we came up with! It turned out great, I was thinking it would be too much for a tiny room, but it was not at all. It was rather hard trying to lay them, I got fired from helping with this part because mine were going a LITTLE crooked... Ha Ha I'm just the brains of the operation, not the worker!
After the ALL the tile was layed and grouted, toilet replaced, it was time for the vanity. We were going to try to refinish the vanity like we did the kitchen, but there was no hope and it was just not functionally with only two tiny drawers. We had my parents friend Greg build us a new one. It has 3 drawers on each side with a set of doors in the middle. The finish is the same as the kitchen ( off white with a glaze) but I went with brushed nickel handles this time because the faucets for the shower and vanity we more expensive in the bronze.
For the countertop I used granite giallo ornamental. I got it from Stoneworld in Nashville, because I worked with them at Lowes. I went straight to them avoiding Lowe's markup pricing. They are super nice and I highly recommend them. The wall color is the a light blue and matches my bedding in my bedroom.The pretty flower arrangement my mother helped me make, (I haven't mastered those yet) The mirror and picture I purchased from Hobby Lobby later on when they were 50% off. As you know I'm always about saving $$$.
This project probably took about 2 to 3 months to complete. Between waiting on templates for the countertops, special order items, breaking pipes, (lol) oh and that thing called WORK! I am so VERY happy and proud of my new bathroom. Thanks to anyone who helped us with this project!!